Summer time means patios time, and patios time means sun, friends, and good beverage! Here is the must about beverage summer for this summer ! Try it and ENJOY.
Trend 1: Unoaked chardonnays are replacing the big oak wines of the past.
Trend 2: Sauvignon Blanc continues to gain popularity.
Trend 3: More obscure grape varieties like Torrontes, Bonarda, Carmenere, Albarino, Chenin Blanc are being embraced today.
Trend 4: Champagne sales are down, but sales of sparkling wines, such as Spanish Cava, Prosecco, French Cremant, are up. New and innovative cocktails and punches are making great use of these less expensive sparkling wine versions.
Trend 5: Sangria is making a comeback Often mixing in less expensive wines currently on the market. A sangria bar is an increasingly popular change of pace from Bloody Mary bars for brunch and cocktail parties. Cava Sangria, made with the sparkling Spanish Cava wine, for example, is refreshing and great fun to enjoy!
Trend 6: Retro with a twist … Basic cocktails, like martinis, mojitos, margaritas, sidecars, etc. are being revamped with fresh new ingredients such as herbs, spices..etc The best bars and patios have stainless steel ice cube trays as part of the retro movement however these fixtures are always more hygienic and generally outlive their plastic counterparts.
Trend 7: Novelty is au courant in cocktails today.
Bars are creating contemporary ways to serve traditional cocktails … including, for example, wine popsicles.
Trend 8: Craft beers are hot.
“Beer dinners” are growing in popularity, demonstrating the compatibility of beer with food. Beer is also working its way into cocktails, such as with beer margaritas.
Trend 9: The Slow Food revolution now includes enjoying locally produced beverages.
Trend 10: The popularity of wine and wine-pairing classes is strong and gathering steam! Pairings of wine & cheese, wine & herbs, wine & chocolate are exceptionally strong today.
Located minutes away from the chaotic streets of downtown core, Liberty Village is an emerging community for socializing and networking just west of Toronto for businesses and residents. CityEvents and InLibertyVillage.com host events which enable locals to meet and mingle with each other. Continuing this successful trend- Locus 144, located in The Liberty Market during “Live It Up in Liberty”, held a successful community networking event on Thursday, July 28th showcasing their unique dinner menu and spirits lists.
The ambience of Locus 144 is very soothing, especially after a long day at work one would want tounwind and submerge themselves into the warm and cozy colour pallets of thedecor with lit candles welcoming you at the dinner table or lounge seating.
Lights were dimmed to perfection and the music just loud enough so people could still talk and not yell in each other’s ears. Locus also invited a local classic/pop singer to add some flavour to the already vibrant event and Lucia (www.luciaonline.com) sang for a set before the D.J took over playing into the late hours of a beautiful summer evening.
For more pictures go to: Link
Belting out a tune at the top of your lungs is a great way to spend a summer night with your friends in the city.
Even better, watch as Canadian Idol judge Zack Werner judges other karaoke enthusiasts at C Lounge on July 15, 2010 at 7:30 pm
Visit Polson Pier
This awesome waterfront space has everything for a perfect summer afternoon. Beach volleyball, a pool, mini putt and go karts!
Take a Cooking Class
With so many fresh fruits and vegetables being produced right here in Ontario, summer is the best time to learn how to use them in the kitchen.
Renowned chef Paul Boehmer can help you out – join him for an interactive cooking class on July 17, 2010 at 1 pm to learn, cook and taste at the newly-opened Boehmer Restaurant.
Visit the AGO
Too hot to be outside? Step inside for a fun cultural experience. The air conditioner will keep you cool.
Visit the AGO for a private tour exploring Love and Lust through Art and finish with a wine and cheese tasting on July 17, 2010 at 2pm
Learn how to make a great cocktail
Nothing is better than a delicious cocktail after a long hot summer day.
Learn how to mix the perfect cocktail at Toronto hotspot BarChef so you can show off your skills to your friends. Join master mixologists and compete in an Iron Chef-style mixing competition on July 17, 2010 at 2 pm.
See a show at the Mod Club
Mod Club is a music institution. Sweaty summer shows at Mod Club make for a Saturday night to remember.
Join DJ MRK and recording artist Jason Derulo at Mod Club on July 17, 2010 at 8 pm.
For more details and to purchase tickets for these great summer events, visit http://www.lavalifetopsingles.com/en/Events.aspx#sat2
Summer is here and we’re lovin’ it. Thousands of singles will descend on the city of Toronto for a weekend festival that is sure to be as hot as the weather outside. Summer Lovin’ takes place from July 15-17 and is presented by Canada’s leading online dating service Lavalife. The festival is three days of fun that includes interactive cooking classes and an iron-chef-like cocktail mixing competition. Lavalife aims to connect, engage and entertain single Canadians through a variety of web, voice and mobile dating services. Summer Lovin’ offers the same type of personal interaction over three jam-packed days of cocktails, delicious food, great parties and fantastic entertainment.
Events are taking place at C Lounge, Polson Pier, Böehmer restaurant, BarChef restaurant, Art Gallery of Ontario FRANK restaurant and the Mod Club. Celebrity guests include: Aliya-Jasmine Sovani of MTV, former Canadian Idol judge Zack Werner, radio host Adam Wilde, “world’s sexiest comedian” Nicole Arbour and international recording artist Jason Derulo.
Advantages include 2-3 complimentary cocktails at each event, free hors d’ouvres, a swag bag and the chance to mix and mingle at Toronto’s best restaurants and bars. Don’t miss it! Date: July 15-17, 2010 Time: see online schedule Location: C Lounge, Polson Pier, Böehmer Restaurant, BarChef Restaurant, Art Gallery of Ontario, FRANK Restaurant, Mod Club For tickets please visit: https://lavalifetickets.com/ Full details: http://www.lavalifetopsingles.com/en/Events.aspx#sat2 Facebook: www.facebook.com/lavalife Twitter: www.twitter.com/lavalife
For the entire month of July, Toronto’s waterfront and the luxurious Empress of Canada (hyperlink with http://www.empressofcanada.com/) will host lobster tasting events for your tastebuds to enjoy.
July 1 – Lobster dinner and fireworks cruise
July 16 – Tobasco VIP Lobster Tasting cruise with Cobra Kings (hyperlink Cobra Kings with http://cobrakings.com/)
July 18 – Van Houtte Coffee and Lobster crepe brunch
Visit www.TorontoLobsterFestival.com for more info about these great events
GET TICKETS HERE! http://www.eventbrite.com/event/669327978/rdpevents/4954770296
To kick-start those tastebuds, here are 31 ways you can enjoy lobster during the month of July:
- Boiled Lobster: add sea salt and seaweed to get the perfect ocean taste
- Steamed Lobster: all you need is a little bit of water and a steaming basket for the perfect tender meat
- Microwave Lobster? Yes! Use a plastic bag with dry white wine and lemon wedges
- Grilled Lobster: Steam for one minute, cut in half and brush with lemon or garlic butter. Grill.
- Lobster Tail: Use your hand to crack the tail and get the delicious meat
- Lobster Legs:Two things only – pinch and suck.
- Lobster Bites: a delicious meaty little tart
- Lobster Roll: Think lobster hot dog but way better
- Lobster Chowder: A classic maritime dish
- Lobster Soup: simmering stock with the shells in makes it tasty.
- Lobster Stew: a favourite to many, including Mr. JFK
- Lobster Salad: a refreshing summer lunch idea
- Lobster Thermidor: broiled with butter, onion and cheese – this French dish is delicieuse!
- Lobster Lasagna: a perfect update on the classic, also perfect for a rainy July day
- Lobster Vindaloo: a tangy and delicious lobster-based sauce served over rice
- Lobster Pie: great for any lobster-lover
- Orange Lobster in Champagne: lobster steamed in Champagne, how fancy!
- Lobster Crepe: this tasty brunch dish is featured on July 18th!
- Lobster Tacos: a taste of California is ideal on a hot summer evening
- Stuffed: buttery, cheesy and flambéed with brandy
- Boat Lobster: get back to the basics and enjoy a lobster meal on a boat (like the Empress, perhaps?!)
- Lobster Curry: a nice twist that is not too hot and spicy
- Vacation Lobster: you’ll be a lobster expert by the end of July, why not visit New Brunswick, Nova Scotia or PEI to compare your knowledge?!
- Bargain Lobster: never has there been a better time to purchase lobster. Quality for as little as $3.00 a pound? Yes Please! Visit www.maritimelobster.ca
- Sauce Lobster: garlic, lemon, butter, hot sauce? Lobster is a great palate for your favourite sauces
- Beach Lobster: ideal addition to your vacation lobster – all you need is a camp fire, a pot and of course, lobster
- Healthy Lobster: lobster is a fresh, healthy way to get protein. Only 45 – 100 calories for more than a pound
- Sweet Lobster: fresh lobster is the sweetest, eat it right away
- Lobster Sushi: top avocado rolls with cooked lobster
- Lobster Salsa: your choice for ingredients – serve in a cocktail glass for added appeal
- Party Lobster: Take all of these ways to enjoy lobster and use them at your next party! Or, visit www.TasteofLobster.com to attend their party
Thanks to www.lobsterqueen.com